manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Mar 22, 2017

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...o-brent-burns/

Keeping it short today

Flames Notes:

Quote:
5. Edmonton’s Josh Healey, who plays at Ohio State, has been suspended for the first two games of the NCAA Tournament. That means he's now been suspeneded five times for contact-to-the-head penalties since Nov. 2015. I don’t think NHL teams are concerned, feeling some of those hits wouldn’t be penalized at the pro level. If Ohio State wins twice this weekend, he can return for the Frozen Four. If not, he’ll go to the next level. At one time, all four Western Canadian teams were interested. It sounds like Healey’s down to a short list. I think Calgary is there, although the Flames won’t comment. But they aren’t the only ones.
Already being discussed ad naseum in another thread.

League Notes:
Quote:
11. Lots of hoopla over Commissioner Gary Bettman’s “assume we’re not going to the Olympics” comment from Tuesday. “Assume we’re not going,” is different than “We are not going.” It’s getting late, but the patient has yet to flatline. I still assume everyone comes to their senses.

One thing that the NHL says it will not consider: allowing a certain number of players per team to go if the league does not (officially) participate. It does not feel that is a proper solution.
Another topic already in discussion. While I understand the NHL's stance and position on it, I think it would be a disservice to not have the NHL players there.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote