View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:29 AM   #32
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
The Saints spread the ball around so much so his stats will look inconsistent because of that. If he goes to a team and his the number 1 I can see his stats being more consistent. Wasn't that a reason why he is on the block? Not happy that he wasn't being the guy last year..

That said as a Titans fan I think he would look good with Mariota. Either offer up the 18th pick or swap our 5th for their 11th and we still have 2 firsts and concentrate on secondary
Yeah, basically the emergence of rookie WR Michael Thomas becoming the go-to guy in the Saints pass attack has Cooks a little butthurt it seems. I love the guy as I've said several times in the past and he's electrifying, but at his size he's going to disappear occasionally, especially against a more physical secondary. He plays fearless, but just doesn't have the physicality of another small WR like a Steve Smith, so he can disappear when doubled like that

I'm a little grossed out at his behaviour, I didn't know he had that type of "90s star WR" ego to him. It's a shame if that's how it ends up playing out, as a guy like Thomas drawing attention away from Cooks only benefits him as a small WR. Cooks/Thomas could be quite the dynamic duo for a few years if Cooks could just check his ego, really not wanting to see him get dealt. But if he can't handle not being a clear #1, then it's probably for the best.

Last edited by Sainters7; 03-03-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote