View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #185
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
A truck isn't a sentient being with it's own list of desires.

I'd be surprised if the contract she signed specifies that her dates will be what she asked for, because it would be making promises on behalf of third parties (their male clients). Furthermore, unless there's a specified and expired time frame on the 12 dates, they are likely not in violation of the contract.
What? It's not? I... damnit... this changes my entire life view.

I think you can understand the analogy without being a literalist. Ask for something, told it can happen, and be presented with something that isn't even close. Not that hard to see why it is upsetting. A person to person match of course has more variables, but it's a fairly obvious solution: if you can't find someone who both meets the requirements of client A, and has client A meet their requirements, don't set them up! If you can't find anybody that matches client A, be honest and say you can't help client A, or tell them their parameters are too strict and offer them alternatives.

From their website:
Quote:
Wouldn’t you feel better if someone got to know you personally, selected suitable matches for you, ran background checks on them, met each one in person and then introduced you? That’s what we do.
Errrr... except they don't. Since there are plenty of online review and the two mentioned in the article that they just set you up with whoever for the first match, lock you into the contract, and essentially abandon you after that (now that they've made their money).

The whole purpose of a matchmaking service is to set people up with matches. At best their the world matchmaking company in the entire world, but based on what they charge, I'm betting on "scam artists."
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote