View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #17
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaur View Post
Why does this matter if at the Year-End, all of the player accounts are reconciled based on the terms laid out in the CBA?

The players are able to earn their contracts through the NHL and as per their CBA agreement. It's just a part of the business that they're in.

I don't complain to the government every year if I have too many taxes withheld from my pay throughout the year....I just file my taxes and collect my refund...

The players aren't losing any money....their money is just being withheld so that the exact amounts can be sorted out as per the CBA at year-end....don't understand the fuss. In order to avoid this, maybe the players should have agreed to fixed dollar amounts in advance for the CBA...this is what you get when there variable numbers in play.
The players with signed contracts are losing money, at least potentially if revenues don't go up enough. It's not the fault of escrow itself, but the escalator increases the chance the entirety of the escrow is not returning to the player.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote