View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Voted Smith. Such an intriguing package of size, strength, skating and skill. He's still a bit of a project but I think there's some upside there.

Shocked at how many people are voting Lomberg. Seems like a fringe NHLer or 4th liner at best to me. Very low upside there and he has a much lower likelihood than Hathaway of achieving his low upside. Hathaway was dropped in this ranking due to low upside but Lomberg is not being similarly dropped as people vote him over players who have higher upsides.

I've been voting Lomberg for a couple rounds; you're right that he likely peaks as a 4th liner, but he (like Hathaway) seems to have a high floor. He is a heart & soul player who was counted on in Stockton as a key player in all situations. He was the last cut in 2016. For a team that may need toughness, I could see him being a regular 12-14th forward which is more than I can say about Smith who primarily receives votes due to his draft position. In a re-draft I wonder if he would even get picked in round 7.

Last edited by Funkhouser; 08-05-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote