View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #681
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was taking my kid to babysit for a friend a couple or so weeks ago, early morning, needed to be there by 815. We decided to run over to Tim's to grab everyone coffee before I dropped her off. We'd just pulled into the parking spot and my kid was stepping out of the car to go in and grab the coffees and suddenly there is a cop next to our car, her side, firmly and urgently telling her to get back in the car. Eyeballs the size of saucers, she complied and jumped back in.

RCMP officer steps to the door of the car on her side and tells the woman inside to get out. The kid turns to me and says "Mum he's got his gun out!" and slinks herself down in the seat. "Should we go out the other side? His gun is drawn!" I peeked and yes gun was drawn and he was telling the woman to get out. Told the kid to stay put as we were told, that if we were in real danger that one of the other cops that had just arrived would likely come to my window and get us to leave the car so just sit tight.

This woman completely ignored the officer's commands to get out. Finally he reached in and grabbed her arm at which point she started to get up so it ended up being a bit of a she stood up and he pulled her out situation. Even once she was out though, she could not have been less cooperative and started struggling with the officer. Dumb move all around considering he's the cop, he was about 6 inches taller and likely outweighed her by 50 lbs at least - she was short and slight. He finally just maneuvered her up against our car and flipped her onto the ground (got a scratch on my car from his holster I presume but it'll buff out I'd imagine). She fussed and struggled the entire time, all indignant and full of "how dare you" attitude. His attitude was never out of line and his maneuver was fluid AF. She had a scrape on her face when he pulled her up but I'd say that was her own fault because she was the one thrashing around while he cuffed her. We never once saw a single action from him that one would consider out of bounds in any way. She of course, started yelling about police brutality while he's walking her to the cruiser but all of this happened in front of potentially 50 or more witnesses - there were multiple people fueling up, drive thru line was full, and everyone inside the Esso/Tims and those of us in vehicles beside hers. She was never mishandled or brutalized in any way and we'd have been happy to say so and I'd imagine others would as well. There were no comments or remarks about the officer made, just about the stupidity of the woman.

I was surprised to read after the fact, that the woman arrested next to us was only 41. She looked much older than that and just a guess but from the look of her, I'd imagine there's been a lot of substance abuse of some kind or the other (drugs, alcohol).

I'd never before seen an arrest close up like that. It was an educational experience. I daresay that most arrests happen similarly and people don't comply when told or in the manner they're instructed to. Had this woman obeyed immediately and in the manner she was instructed it would have taken about 90 seconds or less for everything - get out, get cuffed, get told what she was under arrest for and get walked to the cruiser. So I have my doubts as to whether the gentleman's story is completely true. I doubt it was all as innocent as he makes it out to be, for himself. I'm glad they're doing an investigation.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post: