View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
Tacoman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
I had some outfit out of Airdrie waiting to see my kid when he was 6 trying to get him to play on their team but no contract.

I think parents try to downplay their role in it with the passion for the game thing. My kid cannot get enough hockey, will play a game in the morning, shinny in the afternoon and then stickhandle around the living room for two hours in the same day. But he also has a passion for eating candy, but I don't let him indulge in that one.

I don't think any kid in spring hockey isn't in it without a bit of that glint in the parents eye of a potential hockey future. The parent is getting something out of it the same way as those people who do the showdog thing.
And I don't think there's anything the matter with a kid following his passion nor with the parents getting joy out of watching their kids do something that they love. The problem comes with parents that take things to the extreme and where it's not in the kid's best interest. But to generalize and make the whole scene into some kind of a negative is misguided and wrong.
Tacoman is offline   Reply With Quote