View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
no flights are by far the best value, just not to the common destinations. For some flights you can get upwards of .50$ per air mile. Of course if you don't fly to these destinations the flights aren't always a good deal.

Here's a exerpt from a previous post I made on the matter. While it doesnt deal with the higher fees(not sure if all of them are mandatory, i know the wifey keeps buying this stupid travel insurance which drives me bonkers, sure on a expensive vacation go for it, but for a cheap trip home it ain't work it) but at those savings the extra fees still don't decrease the value enough to make flights a poor choice.
But it is the fees that make the value diminish substantially. That is how they make people think they are getting a great deal. Can you give an example that includes all the fees you paid? The first two posts are real examples that show how much extra cash you have to pay when you book with Air Miles, which really diminishes the value you get from the Air Miles cashed in.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote