View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #48
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
To suggest everyone should just do the speed limit, and thus everything will be safer is completely naive, and an extension of the attitude towards enforcement that is currently doing nothing to serve safety.
I think if they really wanted everyone to do the speed limit they would start fining at lower speeds like 5-10 km/h over, not 15 km/h over. Personally I don't mind as I usually put the cruise control at 10 over on highways. This basically means I get passed by everyone in the National Parks, but then pass everyone outside of them thanks to how people drive.

To be completely honest, the more you talk about the so-called dangers of the photo radar setups, the more I'm reminded of motorcyclists telling everyone that their stupid loud tailpipes are also in the name of "safety". It sounds more like a convenient excuse to not be a responsible user of the road. I feel like you're drastically overestimating the effort it takes to keep an eye out for speed traps. Is your face buried in your dashboard in playground zones because it's so difficult to stay at 30 km/h?
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote