View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #185
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
I would try to get Bishop on a 5 year $6MM/year deal, let Gillies be backup and mentored.

we can't have all of Gillies, Rittich and Parsons with Stockton so one of them has to be promoted. Gillies to NHL as backup penciled in for 15-20 games. Gives McDonald/Schneider time to develop in ECHL and Parsons/Rittich in AHL.

I think this would be best scenario to allow all our goalie prospects ice time to develop

Need to get rid of Brouwer so his $ can go to Bishop then we need to find top 6 RW.
Pretty much the same scenario for me minus signing Bishop to a 5 year contract. My preference would be acquiring MAF since he only has 2 years left on his deal and with Gillies backing him up for 2 years then taking over the starters role.

MAF will be a 400-450 game winner by the time he's done his career (good for top 10 in all time wins) and the fact he is a 2 time Cup winner, maybe 3 this year if the Pens advance could be a great learning experience for someone like Gillies. This also gives time to get Parsons in the AHL for 2 years to develop his game further.

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote