View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #5
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flyers went into the draft with 2 picks. We came extremely close to having a couple more with a Benn deal, but that never materialized and Benn may very well stick with the Flyers this season to mentor young Laine.

Waiting until our turn was fun but we spiced it up by selling Grabner to the Isles.
I was actually surprised there wasn't more interest in Grabner. 29, but due for a decent re-rate and he's dirt cheap. We had 2 previous offers that included a 2nd. Getting 2 x 2nds for him was even better, so we happily pulled the trigger,

At 46, we chose Josh Brook
To be 100% honest - I didn't look into this guy and knew little about him. But a quick Google search turned up an article with:
Quote:
"Ranked 50th among North American skaters, Brook has the poor luck to be coming of draft age at the same time as several blueliners with borderline elite attributes. While Brook may lack the flash of some of his counterparts, his steak is good enough that he doesn’t need to rely on sizzle."
The steak analogy was enough to sell me.

We had an idea of a few players we wanted (and thought would be available) at 53. There were a couple of picks we didn't anticipate so early, and we were happy to grab Stelio Mattheos. Mostly because of his obvious hockey name.

At 105, we chose Macauley Carson. He had a decent year with our off-the-grid 2016 pick, Dmitry Sokolov and we're hoping they both find success in the NHL so it can then translate, as line mates, here in the sim.

Twas a fun event with a quite a few laughs. Thanks again to all behind the scenes making it happen.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post: