View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #223
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have no idea what he gets / deserves. The NHL has zero consistency and rhyme or reason.

That said, it's kind of sad reading some of these comments that applaud the actual act.

I love the player, but didn't like the play.

I think above all, the point I'm not seeing raised enough is that he doesn't only walk the line, he walks it as a teenager. One's judgement at that age is always going to be questionable so I don't really hold it against him for flirting with acceptable line. I just hope he learns he can be a pest and play with edge without administering a d-bag cheap-shot. Love his overall game and think he's going to be a valuable commodity moving forward. Everyone outraged across the league would love to have him, and for good reason.

That said, this particular play was a clear headshot and that has no place in the game. If it happened to one of our star players we'd be furious. It's an absolute joke to acknowledge that and then turn around and defend this single play. It's outright Canuck-fan like.

Hoping the result of this is that he'll learn he can play with a nasty streak / walk a fine line without cheap-shots.