Thread: Cycling Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #119
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
this is why I ride on the road for the most part. Who needs a speeding ticket on a bike path? 20km/h is ridiculous, unless you're talking about an extremely busy area like Eau Claire.
I am pretty sure the guys that made the bike laws, have never in their life rode a bicycle that wasn't purchased at Canadian Tire. 20 k is f'n stupid. You cannot even get on the big ring on a road bike at that limit.

Now onto the cool part.... Just put down a deposit on My 2012 ride. 2012 58 cm Madone 5.9..... Ultegra Di2! Can. Not. Wait. The reviews Di2 was getting totally swayed me into it. I figured since I am going to commit at least three seasons to the bike, Di2 is the way to go, as I am thinking it will be the norm within a few years.

Quick question though. This is the first bike I have bought over 2 grand. Does anyone know, if you can buy crash insurance on these? I would hate to lay down a $5200 bike a few days after purchase.

edit: Also watch the buy and sell, I am going to be unloading a couple bikes pretty soon in there. With the new Madone, that brings me to 5 bikes. I just have to decide which 2 to get rid of.

Last edited by pylon; 09-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.