View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #52
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

as i'm not overly familiar with all the 'calgary politics' you guys are talking about, i'll stick to the vacant lot stuff....

when my wife and i bought our first house it had (actually, still has) a vacant lot beside it - all over run with weeds and crap. the owner would come by every 6 weeks or so and weed-whack the lot. i went out the one time and talked to the guy for a bit and asked him if he'd mind if i sprayed round-up along the property line just to help keep the weeds out of our yard - he was totally cool with that. in fact, people who had been living in the neighbourhood for a while commented that summer that he was around a lot more frequently knocking down the weeds than in years past.

i guess to me it's pretty cut and dry - it was his property so i got his permission BEFORE i went on it and killed off a bunch of weeds (as a side note, holy crap - when you don't dilute the "concentrated round-up" as per the instructions and it's 2-3x as strong as it should be.... it works really really really fast.... just saying!!)