View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #142
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
Note that I didn't say that you couldn't form your own opinion on him - though you are putting those words in my mouth.

Instead of arguing your case for Jankowski, you choose to ridicule a fellow poster.

I don't come to message boards to fight about who is allowed to have an opinion and who isn't or what is fair to post and what isn't. I come here to learn something about the Flames and the NHL. I have no interest in furthering this, even when I expect that you will continue your ridicule with a response to this post.

I'm done.
It may have been tongue in cheek, but can't you read the post and understand my intent here? I am not just trying to roast you, but think of it this way.

May people here have actually been tracking Jankowski for a LONG time. They have seen a lot of him. Then you come in - admit you have not seen him play even a single time - and then tell us that we should lower our expectations since guys like him bust.

I may have gone a bit over-the-top in my post there, but you must at least see how you come across to the people who have actually taken the time to watch him play.

It is like you buying a car. You did all the research, and you decide to buy an Audi. They have come a long way. You have watched the engineering changes throughout their history. You then buy the car, and are about to drive it. I come by, and I say: "You know Audis really suck, right? They always break down. I wouldn't get your hopes up about this car."

You can see why your opinion rubs people the wrong way. If you have at least watched him a number of times and then formed your opinion based on this, you wouldn't get a single post with flack in it. Differing opinion? Definitely as is always the case on public forums, but not flack. I just found your post almost insulting to me (and I am sure others felt the same way too) when they have taken the time to actually do 'the research' over the years, and you come in and poo poo all over it without doing any of the research yourself. That's the problem here.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote