Thread: 2017 MLS Season
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #15
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Looking likely now, and while it should be fun to watch, not a comfortable matchup at all as a TFC fan.

TFC also just completed the all time best MLS regular season with only 5 losses the entire season. It doesn't mean much in a playoff league if you don't take home the trophy at the end of the year.

Part of me wants to see MLS cup in a Toronto blizzard in December.
In my eyes, MLS Cup will either be won by Toronto or Atlanta. Toronto has been on an amazing run of form for most of the year, but they've dipped a bit the last few weeks, particularly the loss against Montreal. Atlanta are the best team in MLS . Should these two teams meet in the East final, it will be an amazing series, just like last year's TFC / Impact series.

As for the Whitecaps, I think if they do manage to get by San Jose, it will be a typical Whitecaps game where they are completely outclassed and then get one on a counterattack. The clubs drew in Vancouver a few weeks ago and I thought San Jose were the far better side in that match. They won't beat Seattle in a two legged tie though.

And in Montreal, Biello and his staff are gone. Oyongo and Bernardello as well. Their backline and centre midfield needs a complete revamp; in my mind only Ciman and Piette are worth keeping around. Wonder if there is any truth to the Nesta to Montreal rumour.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote