View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #18
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'd be a little disappointed to see them trade down, though ultimately realize the flames have their own draft board and might project differently from all the scouting guides that are out there these days. But when you look at the system there is an abundance of depth everywhere and an absence of high end blue chippers, so I really think the system would benefit a lot more from landing the guy with the highest possible ceiling with the 1st rounder as opposed to two slightly poorer players. Especially in a draft like this that doesn't seem very deep.

The flames seems to be struggling to find spots for goalies and dmen these days and guys like Fox, Hickey and Parsons will be coming soon. They drafted 7 forwards last year. To me it seems like quality is needed over quantity.

If anything I'd rather see them flip a prospect or a guy who might be expansion fodder like Shinkaruk or Lazar to a team with an open slot to move up 2-4 spots.

Also, from most of the draft lit reading, it feels like there is a ledge around 10-12 and another steeper ledge around 20.

Last edited by Matty81; 05-07-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote