View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #1684
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
I have MacBook Air laptop, but have always had android phones. Through points rewards program, I can get a iPhone 7 (not "plus" unfortunately). Main things I want from smartphone is a good, convenient camera.

Has anyone switched from Android to iPhone7? Experience?
Should I be holding out for iPhone8 if I'm going to make the switch (though never can tell when/if rewards program will have and not sure I can wait)?
General thoughts?

(Mods: posting in Android thread as well; not trying to duplicate but thinking Android/Apple users may only visit one of these threads - delete one, if you must)
The 7 has a pretty good camera. Superior even to my wife's 6S camera. The cameras on Android vary greatly. You'd need to do a case by case comparison to know which are better or worse cameras vs iphone 7. IMO, 7 is very good, but 7 plus blows it away. The 7plus is comparable in size to Android phones though. The 7 is much smaller than those Androids. I think the 7 lags behind quite a few current Android phones, but it's smaller, thus the Androids often can put bigger/better parts into the phone.

My wife's transition from the One plus one to iPhone 6S was pretty easy. Contacts transfer was easy. App stuff hit or miss. In fact, so much less rage about phones after she transitioned. She just wanted something that worked. She didn't tweak things in Android. I'm not sure how you use your phone, so I don't know if it'd be the same. There are many articles detailing how to transfer info.

Worth mentioning (because no one seems to know this), but if want to take a quick pic on iphone, when on lock screen, swipe left. It's a short cut to the camera. This can be disabled, but it's on by default IIRC. It also means you can give someone your camera to take a pic without giving access to the rest of your phone.

Last edited by DoubleF; 07-26-2017 at 11:47 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: