View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #45
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:

It must have been longer than you remember since you've been down that way then.
That arcade has been closed for at least a year. It's now a place that sells scarves and hats and stuff.

I always figured there was something else going on in that place. They must've been selling drugs out of the back, because I hardly ever saw anyone in there, and I'm fairly certian the folks that hang out on 7th ave later in the evening aren't such big video game fans that Tekken was paying the rent for that place.
Yeah, that was along hobo avenue and the proprieter in his smock always stood outside the doors looking around. The folks that hung around that street were the kind who would stab a guy for a quarter, not put it into Dance Dance Revolution.

I always felt like it looked like a oldschool arcade proprieter standing outside his store wondering if anybody would come in, etc. along with how classic the sign looked with it's surround lightbulbs, etc. It was like a powerful image that represented the deaths of arcades all together...but now that I think about it, maybe he was a look-out.

I remember my friend telling me about an Arcade in Seattle that was like this. All the machines were set to the highest difficulty level so that people wouldn't be able to actually play or hang around. It was all a front for drugs.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 06-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote