View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #491
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
I'll admit that each of the past several seasons i've wanted to see them put more emphasis on the physical portion of the game.

Never happens. I just wish the lazy person around camp gets told they don't get any food or they have to sleep in the woods.
Its really funny because watching the show first of all you notice a bit of an ease up on physical challenges after the merge.

Some of them are still tough but for the most part they go to the stand here and hold onto something for as long as you can, or run through some simple obstacles and assemble this puzzle or throw a ball through these things.

I wonder how much they had to dial back their challenges after they had people collapsing a few years ago.

Maybe I'm imagining it but there were some really brutal challenges in the first year that were designed to really break people.

I remember they had one where people were diving off of cliffs. There was another where they were stacking people with weighted sandbags until they collapsed ( I remember Micheal the guy who fell into the fire and is now going to prison) absolutely monstering that challenge.

I also remember a bigger emphasis on food arguments, I still remember one tribe running out of food and Jeff taking away all of their luxury items in exchange for rice and beans.

Maybe they eased up on the challenges to put more emphasis on the social games.

But I would love to see a season where they bring back all of the best challenge monsters, like Culpepper and Ozzy and Malcolm, and put them up against an all star team of true game players, and then change the rules slightly to allow in game advantages in challenges so the nerds could compete before the merger.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: