View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #173
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The liftie couldn't hold her there? That's pretty much crazy talk, if the liftie says you don't get on the lift, you don't get on the lift. Managing people getting onto the lift is their whole job.
Well, that's kind of what I thought too, but this had been going on for about 15 or 20 minutes and finally the liftie kind of shrugged at me and said "there's a limit to how much we can do here but maybe you'll have better luck getting the patrol involved." At that point neither of us had any idea how long it would be before the patrol got there so she let her go. I made a note of the chair number that she got on and the patrol radioed up to the top when they got there to find out which way she went when she got off, but by then it was too late.

I wasn't thrilled that they let her go back up, but I don't really blame the liftie. It was toonie day and super busy and she was just trying to keep the line moving while also managing a situation between two irate people. She was looking a little frazzled as it was so I understand her not wanting to get too involved in a dispute.

Honestly, even if I had been able to get the woman's contact info she obviously wasn't going to cooperate with me, which means I'd just chase her around and have her ignore my calls and it would be next to impossible to get any money out of her anyway. The only alternative would be small claims court, which for $100 ski repair wouldn't be worth it anyway. For me it was just the principle of the matter. It chaps my ass that people are so ignorant and irresponsible.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote