View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
This would be a cool way to see that Ahsoka can still access the force, but doesn't use it. I'd go darker though as I'd have Vader acknowledge that he knows who she is, but kill her anyway. IMO, Vader has been weakened too much in the prequels and The Clone Wars. People need to see how evil he was.
Maybe, its funny though because I prefer to think of the Vader that they had in the book Revenge of the Sith instead of the movie. Especially the scene where he slaughtered the separatist leadership. Where he was taking extreme joy in killing them. "But we were promised a handsome reward" Vader "Don't you find me handsome" Or "Lord Sideous promised that we would be left in peace" Vader "The communication was garbled, he said you would be left in pieces"

But he still had a capacity for mercy in that book. in the duel with Obi-Wan he extorts him to flee and vanish and go meditate, the galaxy didn't need the jedi anymore"

In the book Dark Lord he even to an extent felt that Obiwan was a victim, he'd been indoctrinated by the Jedi and Vader was trying to bring Obiwan knowledge and Padme protection.

I don't think that he would brutally strike down Ashoka though, she was really the only jedi who in his mind didn't betray him. In fact he probably knew that he had personally failed her and felt loss when he left the jedi temple.

I would think that if Vader did encounter her, he would almost not want to open up the scars of Anakin's old life, just like he won't step foot on Tatooine. On top of that, she was merely a lost Jedi, she had left the order because of its hypocrisy, You would think that he would see her almost as a confirmation that he had ultimately made the right decision.

Plus it would be more powerful even if he basically stared at her, and knew that she knew who he was and brushed her off as if she really meant nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Would be a way to include them in the movies, but really takes away from Luke's story as the only remianing Jedi. I just figured that would be how this series ends, and they can always explore the time period between other movies or even between Episode 6 & 7 in the future. I do like that they aren't going to adhere to the EU though, so it will be new storytelling for all, and they can go whichever way they choose.
My assumption is that the Inquisitor is a possible gateway to Vader becoming involved, at some point I believe that he is going to fail to put a pin in this rebel group and Vader is going to show him the price of failing his master and we get something worse chasing them down (Maul as a Assassin would be interesting).

We have yet to see the brutal nature of the Empire. They are more like school yard bullies right now, but as these Rebels have more success you might see things like Storm Trooper's from the 501st, or Imperial Guards or even bounty hunters (No disintegrations Fett) Right now its not much of a clamp down. But at some point the Rebels aren't going to win, we know they can't win.

Having Ezra and Kanaan fleeing for the outer rim to go into hiding would be a logical move to end the series.

Remember at the start of ANH it is still a dark time which gets darker in ESB.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote