View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #266
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Yea, I used to put in seriously epic hours when I was still in school. I was that guy with every brand new piece of arena gear and max points saved up for next season.

I hit gladiator twice on two toons, but eventually got sick of the mindless grind for each new piece of gear. There's only so many times you can cap the farm, or kill Drek (on 3 different toons).

I guess my question is has blizzard done anything to really really change the experience, enough so to entice a player to come back for a changed wow gameplay, or should I just wait for Halo:Reach, and Diablo 3?
You may find this interesting. Blizzard just announced today that they're doing a complete overhaul of the talent system for Cataclysm.

Quote:
When we first announced our design goals for class talent trees back at BlizzCon 2009, one of our major stated focuses was to remove some of the boring and "mandatory" passive talents. We mentioned that we wanted talent choices to feel more flavorful and fun, yet more meaningful at the same time. Recently, we had our fansites release information on work-in-progress talent tree previews for druids, priests, shaman, and rogues. From those previews and via alpha test feedback, a primary response we heard was that these trees didn’t incorporate the original design goals discussed at BlizzCon. This response echoes something we have been feeling internally for some time, namely that the talent tree system has not aged well since we first increased the level cap beyond level 60. In an upcoming beta build, we will unveil bold overhauls of all 30 talent trees.
Here's a link to read up about it. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...te#new_comment
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post: