View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #90
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, today is decision day, with the vote going tonight. The debate is going on at the moment. As a Markham resident, I'm all for having an NHL team, but the current plan really reeks of a scam, and putting the screws to the taxpayers for supporting a private ownership group. There's a whole lot of questions this group hasn't answered, and I hope a bunch of residents really grill ownership and the Mayor regarding this, because as it stands right now, there are a whole lot of hands in the pot, but nobody is helping the residents in this proposal, and all the white collars are just looking at their stake in this. As well, the ACC was estimated to be built for about $350M when all was said and done - 14 years back. More recently they spent about half a billion on a couple condo's, renovations and restaurants attached to the arena. What kind of second rate facility are they expecting to spend on this arena if they're only spending about $325M in modern day? Or are they understating the costs which will later be passed on to the taxpayer once they balloon? If nobody can read into this, I'm out for now until you get more honesty, and a better plan in place. Having said this, I'd be surprised if it isn't given the green light because of the higher ups benefitting by putting this on their resume. Basterds.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote