Thread: Mortgage Broker
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Mike Oxlong
Got Oliver Klozoff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
How do lenders view someone who works casual shift but gets really sporadic hours? Would they do it based on a working history to date type of thing?

I'm not one of your typical Western Canadians with a 125k per year job (like Fotze makes in the first quarter), so I have to make my wife go out and earn her keep too. Problem is...her hours are extremely sporadic...and lets face it...if you don't have a household income of that 125k a year...you ain't buying a place that's not a condo in all reality. Especially where I'm trying to live now where its 300 grand for your average piece of land with a house that no longer meets the building code for safety, and 500 or more for a place you Might be able to live in.
It can vary a bit from lender to lender. But basically they are going to take an average of the last couple years of employment to average things out. If she has some decent job history and she can get a letter from her employer stating how many hours per week or month she typically works then it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Mike Oxlong is offline   Reply With Quote