View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1135
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

NHL stint adds to Sven Bartschi's confidence going into WHL playoffs

Quote:
“It was a special experience I went through there,” the 2011 first-round Flames draft choice says. “Its something you dream of as a little kid.”
Quote:
“It was a special experience I went through there,” the 2011 first-round Flames draft choice says. “Its something you dream of as a little kid.”
Quote:
“You can’t really believe it because it happened so quick,” Bartschi says. “To just get a call that said, ‘You have to come down to Calgary, have one practice and play a game.’ I was just kind of in shock. It’s something you dream of. It was very special there.”
Quote:
“I don’t even know if I was thinking too much,” Bartschi says. “I was nervous because I was so excited.”
Quote:
“I thought it went well, the first game,” Bartschi says. “Most of the time when you’re really excited about playing, things are a lot easier out there to do. After the first period, I felt I could keep up with those guys.”
Quote:
“I didn’t expect that to happen, but it did happen,” he says, of scoring three goals. “I thought it was because of my confidence. The guys really helped me out, and I had so much confidence in my game during those five games. I did stuff out there that I was normally scared to do.
Quote:
“In the first game, I was really scared to try to go one-on-one against the (defender). I thought I should just dump it in. But after a while, I was really confident and I was trying new stuff out there.”
Quote:
“You go up there and jump into a playoff run and score three goals, it gives you a lot of confidence,” Bartschi says. “I’m looking forward to our playoff run."

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sport...medium=twitter
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post: