View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 11:39 AM   #110
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Does your wife pay her disability benefit premiums or does her employer? The accountants in here can correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is that if she pays her own benefits premiums then the money paid for STD isn’t taxable but if her employer pays the premium then any money received through STD would be considered taxable income.

Edit: I should also mention that while the amount she’s receiving sounds high, there is no fixed amount that people receive as every plan is different. Some plans may only cover 50% of your pre-disability wages but some can pay as much as 100% it will just affect how much the premiums cost.
Thats a fairly good explanation but it tends to be a little more complicated than that, but unfortunately when it comes to Disability benefits, both short and long-terms, its the really little details that make very big differences.

I wouldnt be able to give you a solid answer based on this information.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: