Thread: Rugby Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #50
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
I Don't care what you think about the style of play. You don't like it. I get it.

What I take issue with is your make believe claims about league being on life support and the like. You have yet to support the claims or to counter anything I've put forth on the matter.

And wow, a dirty player. Yep, only league has those

And the numbers are from the Sydney Morning Herald, you can look them up. I'm done with providing actual arguments if you're just going to make wild claims and not support them.

You have never supported your statement that:

Quote:
Players have routinely left to play Union, then returned to League, then gone back to Union. It's not a new development, it's something that has occurred in Australia for a long time.
Your own Wiki page refutes that statement. Since Union went pro, it has been a one way valve. After you pick up your toys from the cot, please provide me with your list of high profile Union players that have left to play league.

This is an older article 2 yrs old almost to the day, but an insteresting read:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/nrl-p...0309-pvrt.html

Quote:
However, with 25 players at each of the NRL's 16 clubs, the average salary is well below the mean of Super 14's 132 fully contracted players and lower than the AFL average payment.
Ian Schubert, the NRL's salary cap boss, says the average NRL salary in 2010 will be $164,000, based on 25 players sharing $4.1 million, although the $5.5 million in sponsorship money across the NRL lifts the average to $177,750.
This is well short of the medium 2008 AFL payment of $233,000. An AFL spokesman said the 2009 figures would not be available for three weeks but salaries had increased 4 per cent on 2008, meaning the average payment to the players at the AFL's 16 clubs last year, including marketing deals, would be $240,000 to $245,000.
''Total payments to players in 2008 was $129 million and AFL revenue was $327 million, while separate club revenue would probably be $200 million,'' an AFL spokesman said, meaning players share of total revenue was 24.4 per cent.
According to the Australian Rugby Union Players Association, the average 2008 player salary for Australia's four Super 14 franchises (Brumbies, Reds, Waratahs and Western Force) was $238,738, on a par with the AFL and also well above the NRL.
Another factor is the effort involved in earning the income.
The NRL men play two more games a year than AFL players and nearly double the 13 matches played by a Super 14 player, although Wallabies play an additional 12 to 15 games a year.

So in short, League players work harder for their money, their prospective employers are 2 leagues (Super League and NRL). Union players work less for their money, and have much more prospective employers, AVIVA, Top 14, Super Rugby, Rabodirect.

Here are a few articles on rugby league:

http://www.leaguefreak.com/who-will-...om-dying-1453/

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/h...-1226530178890

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote