Thread: Rugby Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #48
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
You have yet to provide me with one high profile player that has gone from Union to League (SBW is started out in league). That link is full of players that made the move when Union was not professional. I can't think of many high profile player (S14, T14, Super Rugby Player) that has made the move.

This discussion is based on aimless thoughts:

^^^^that statement is incorrect. You see turnovers all the time.

I would argue the speed of the ball in play is equal to if not greater than league. For example, I watched a Super League game on Sunday afternoon. A break was made, and cover tackle came across. The ball was unplayable becuase the defender was ontop of the player not allowing him to get up to play the ball. The support can only just stand and watch. In union you clear the player out and make the bal playable, prior to the defensive line setting up.

League is bosh bosh bosh.

Where are those numbers from?

And one file argument against League..............John Hopoate.
I Don't care what you think about the style of play. You don't like it. I get it.

What I take issue with is your make believe claims about league being on life support and the like. You have yet to support the claims or to counter anything I've put forth on the matter.

And wow, a dirty player. Yep, only league has those

And the numbers are from the Sydney Morning Herald, you can look them up. I'm done with providing actual arguments if you're just going to make wild claims and not support them.

Last edited by valo403; 03-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote