View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #201
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Like I said I have no problem with all the war, I'm worried about completely bumming out my kids as they get excited about this new badass girl in the universe only to have her die at the end. On the flip side it does serve as a good counter to all the happy ending stuff they are used to getting.
The take home message of Rogue One isn't that everyone dies, it is that they sacrificed themselves for a greater cause. They knew going in this mission was next to impossible but they still went and accomplished it at all costs.

They shouldn't be bummed by the lead dying but inspired by her selflessness. I think Disney did a good job of making these people out to be real heroes, even the Rebel Troopers dying at the end. He knew he was dead when the door jammed but he still got the plans through the crack because he knew it was above him. That is the feel good message of this movie and I found it inspiring.