View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #51
JohnnyO
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I live at the edge of the city in the NW. We had a ton the first year of the new build/new grass, they have moved on a bit, but I catch them quite frequently.

I catch a few every time I set up a trap. I have had success with peanut butter and the basic snap traps. I also have have great success with the box type ones. (see link) I put a ton of Warfarin out and in the box traps as this is a slow death that I don't like doing.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ca...3615p.html#srp

One of my latest creations is a 18" long piece of 4" diameter pvc pipe with 3 or 4 snap traps lined up end to end inside all with bait, I call it the tunnel of death. This thing has like a 100% success rate. I put it along the wall of the house where there is activity. The kids think I have gone full caddy shack when I go out and reset everything and thinking up different ideas to out smart them.

They are pesky buggers and do a ton of damage to the lawn. Luckily I have kept them out of the house and garage which is my main goal. Although the entertainment value of watching my wife and 2 girls see a mouse/vole is always welcome.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyO For This Useful Post: