View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #42
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_dennis View Post
I just discovered some rodent droppings in my garage. I suspect it's mice, but I did see what I thought was a vole scurry across my deck the other day. He was short and fat (size of a computer mouse).

I left a bag of grass seed in the garage over the winter and apparently mice love grass seeds, so that's where I found a majority of the droppings. I haven't checked inside the house yet, but the garage door is usually closed. What are the chances the mice will find itself inside my house?

I've set out a couple of snap traps near where I found the droppings. This morning, no mice yet.

I'm tempted to call an exterminator out to deal with the problem before it gets out of control. Has anyone gone this route, and would they recommend it? Is it completely hands off, ie do they move things around in the garage, find any holes and seal them up to keep the mice out of the garage? Or do they pretty much want me to clean up the garage and they just go in to kill the mice?
I don't think Voles like to be inside, so it's most likely mice.

I have some of those poison bait stations just to the sides of my garage door in the event that a rogue mouse found it's way in. Funny story, this winter I did find some mouse droppings around the garage but they were green so whatever mouse got into the garage is long dead. I didn't find any droppings in the house so I don't think he got in there. Attached garages are supposed to be pretty well sealed off from the house, so I really doubt any mouse will make it's way from your garage into your house unless they sneak through the people door.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote