View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:49 PM   #1423
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
You haven't walked back your diversion stuff. Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
My diversion stuff?

Ah, you mean the RCMP publicly saying in the news that there was "an alarming trend" involving organized criminals redistributing drugs intended for the safe supply program. Then the additional language later that it wasn't technically "widespread" and that safe supply diversion prescriptions were found in a "minority" of drug seizures. I'm surprised they didn't give more clarity what exactly that meant.
Some more clarity, I guess "no widespread safe supply diversions" and a "minority of drug seizures" meant 49.99%.

The testimony in front of the House of Commons Committee seems to be consistent with the original BC RCMP public statements and seems to fly in the face of the what the BC Minister of Public Safety claimed. From the news report, the government seemed to be "caught off guard" by the testimony.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/safe-supply-va...rted-1.6850520

While addressing a House of Commons committee Monday, Deputy Chief Fiona Wilson claimed about 50 per cent of hydromorphone seizures were diverted from safe supply drugs.

“That’s just in recognition of the fact that someone who’s on a bonafide safe supply program has a more regular significant supply,” said Wilson, who was speaking in her role as the president of the B.C. Association of Chiefs of Police.

Premier David Eby was asked about these comments Tuesday, and said that this was the first time his government had heard these numbers from the VPD.

Last edited by chemgear; 04-18-2024 at 11:51 PM.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote