View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #50
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman;6178327[B
]Emailing dealerships is how I've bought my last two vehicles. I'd never do it any other way now.[/B]

Almost no hassle. I make it clear that I am talking all-in costs (including taxes). I have them send me the forms via email before I go in to sign them, if there are any extra charges/fees, I tell them to remove them or reduce the cost of the vehicle to cover it.

You can look up the dealership's cost online nowadays, you can add in a reasonable markup for profit and make an offer to every dealership in Alberta based on that. It takes an hour of your life, and you reach every dealer that you want.

Anyone who is going over to a dealership and threatening to leave/leaving multiple times before signing a deal has only themselves to blame nowadays.
I've had zero success with this. Probably 9/10 dealerships didn't even bother to reply to my email and of the ones that did, none wanted to deal via email. It was all 'come on down and let's talk', which I completely understand from their point of view - that is exactly what they want you to do but it was not at all what I wanted to do. So I just ignored those ones. But that left actually going to the dealership and going through all the associated BS as the only way to do it.

I really wish they would make it easier to buy online. It seems vehicle sales are very reluctant to go this way despite just every other retailer doing it.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote