View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #41
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Don't fall sucker to things like life and disability insurance coverage on any lending products. These insurance products don't offer much in the way of protection, have really high premiums for the coverage involved. If you need actual insurance coverage, call a licensed insurance broker to underwrite a policy for things such as disability/ life insurance. Insurance is important but the stuff offered at the dealership isn't great. I can go into details in another thread about why.
The first time I bought a vehicle from a dealer I fell sucker to all the add-ons. They sold me on sound proofing, rust proofing, etc. Even when they were pitching those to me I was like "This can't be a thing", but I fell for it anyway. Never again.

Actually, only that one time did I buy from a dealer. I got my first car when I was 18 and in 20+ years, I've had bought 4 vehicles, three for me and one for my wife. I did go into a couple of dealers a few years ago when I was looking to buy a new car and I got serious about one but I walked away because they wouldn't negotiate price, and financing was going to cost me substantially more than the sticker price, so I said I need a better price or I go, they called my bluff, but I wasn't bluffing.

I wound up getting a great deal a couple months later when my employer had to sell the company car which was done via sealed envelope auction for staff to purchase. The minimum bid had to be what the company was offered for trade-in, which was $8200, and comparable prices to purchase from dealers or kijiji were around $12,000-$13,000.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: