View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by station View Post
I'm looking for:

1. Woefully unprepared admin officials. Articles in the NYT, etc pointing out that hundreds of appointments are just literally vacant and the others are filled with unqualified cronies. Bad things will inevitably happen (natural disasters, foreign military crises, terror attacks). The response to these could be FEMA / Katrina scandal times a thousand.
Probably, but we won't know until he actually starts enacting these things. For all we know the opposites could happen. However the normal checks and balances are out of sync now with the Republican's having the ability to put anything through and the Supreme Court Appointments.

Quote:
2. Full federal implementation of Kansas / Louisiana style Tea Party wet dream policy agenda. Massive tax cuts for the rich leading to budget crises and govt agencies so unfunded that they can't function. Rich-poor divide gets ridiculous, middle class shrinks further. ACA is repealed and not replaced. Endless attacks on civil rights, LGBT, defunding of PP. Full anti-science agenda and promotion of 'religious freedom' laws and creation-based education.
Maybe, but you need to remember that its not like the Republicans themselves don't want to get re-elected, and that might be the only checks and balance left available. We will probably see a pretty severe split in terms of the Republican Party.

Quote:
3. Non-GOP Trump programs like infrastructure spending, ripping up trade agreements, building that wall, etc die on the house floor. Trump loses interest, resorts to full governing by Twitter and takes an absurd amount of vacantions leaving Pence in charge, impeachment or not.
NAFTA is going to be shredded and re-negotiated, and its going to be all about protecting America's jobs, and all about trade is trade. I also see the US trying to force China to actually open their markets. I would also expect that America is going to take a dim view of artificially low currencies. Some of these aren't going to be bad. The China trade question is going to be interesting to watch, because China has gotten away with pretty unfair trade practices for a long time.

Quote:
4. Russia gets very aggressive in Europe and the Middle East and the US shrugs. Western Europe countries get very nervous and start increasing their own military proliferation.
That's going to happen no matter who's president. Obama's foreign policy was a disaster and because of it, America has alienated their former best allies and lost any sense of control in the middle east, and basically granted that control to the Russians. If anything, Obama left an enormous mess to whoever would have been coming in as president. I don't disagree at all about his unhappiness at American NATO allies not pulling their weight, this is a discussion that has to happen, especially with a resurgent Russia in the picture in Eastern Europe.

Quote:
5. Hardcore blue states fed up with the tea party agenda and ineffectiveness of the Democratic Party start to seriously consider ceceeding from the union.
Won't happen, we didn't see States like Texas leaving . I have said though, that if Trump is tossed out or impeached that you will see a rise in violence not only based on race, but political alignment. A Trump impeachment will be every far Right Winger don't trust the government militia types call to action. They tend to believe that Trump is one of theirs and the accumulation of their protests against a government that they view as evil.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!