View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #1264
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I ended up sending the Speedmaster in to Omega for servicing shortly after I posted it here. Even with my desire to do it all myself, I was not about to touch the movement. But I wore it to the Flames' home opener (my last post on the 14th was when I got home) and around midnight noticed that the watch had lost about two HOURS.

Clearly, there was more than just a movement regulation issue here. The power reserve was buggered, likely a bad mainspring. Service made sense.

So I sent it in, and they replaced the crown and stem, chronograph pushers, all the seals, the Hesalite front crystal, the mainspring and barrel, the escapement wheel, pallet fork, and some other bits in the movement and case that needed replacing. Total cost was $760 tax-in, and it came back looking like a brand new watch. Stunning.

And if you're interested in a Speedmaster Professional and are having a hard time deciding between the domed Hesalite crystal or a sapphire, here's my submission for why the Hesalite makes the watch:
Spoiler!
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: