View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #54
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

They are truly unbelievable to watch and the numbers show just how good they are relative to other elite pairings.

It's awesome how well setup the Flames are on the back end moving forward with the two of them and Brodie. If the Flames can find Brodie a good partner this off season, combined with addition by subtraction in losing Wideman and Engelland (hopefully Bartkowski is in the minors next year), they will have a scary good top four who can all eat heavy minutes.
Unpopular opinion, I know, but I still see Stone as a third pairing defenceman - I haven't been overly impressed - "meh" would describe it - as his play here has been masked by Elliott's incredible goaltending of late. To be clear, he's miles better than the alternatives. Still a small sample, though. If the Flames can get Stone on an affordable home town deal for the third pairing going forward, assuming a legitimate second pairing defenceman is also acquired, that would be incredible work by Treliving and the Flames would almost certainly have the best defence core in the league moving forward.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

Last edited by united; 03-24-2017 at 09:54 AM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote