Thread: MLB 2017 Season
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #35
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I don't like it either, but I also do not like the DH.
Why do people hate the DH? From an entertainment stand point, you get a far better hitter and pitcher matchups with the DH.

For me as a fan, I'm far more interested in watching the best hitters go against the best pitchers. I'm not going to a game to watch Joe Madden, or Bruce Botchie use 5 relief pitchers and double switch out his second baseman for another mediocre hitter to avoid the pitchers spot in his batting order.

Yes strategy is a part of baseball, but I get sick of watching over managed lineups, and sub par hitters facing a different pitcher.

The World series was a good example for me. The games in Cleveland the Cubs could play Kyle Schwarber despite his injury all game. Watching him come in to hit and spark that lineup resulted in us seeing the best Cubs lineup face that Indians bullpen.

Maybe the games get closer because both teams eventually rely on lower level roster guys later in games without the DH? But I think as fans getting to see David Ortiz, or Edgar Martinez get a full complement of at bats against the best relief pitchers, is what I want to see.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 02-09-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: