View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #105
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't know what you are talking about here. There are people in my office talking about it that didn't even know who McGregor was prior to this fight. That's exactly the goal to get non-fans interested in the fight and it's been a massive success with the promos being played over and over on all sports air waves throughout the world. This fight is much more appealing to the average Joe than a Mayweather vs Pacquiao because the average Joe really doesn't watch boxing any more. MMA is already surpassing boxing on a PPV basis and this is going to combine both audiences;

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/info...ic,116485.html
No doubt there is hype, but most people realize it's rubbish. What I've been saying is that even casual non fans have been talking about it, they will not be paying that price to watch this fight. I would guarantee that the Pacquiao fight will get more PPV's when this is all said and done. That fight brought out old boxing fans. This fight won't. And those are the ones paying for it. Casual fans still understand this is a rubbish fight and they won't translate into a PPV purchase.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote