View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #1167
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It seems like they have lots of options in attack now and if they can convince Tabla there will be a real solid foundation for a decade or so now at every attacking position. Their possession play was refreshing and lots of reasons for optimism.

Ironically the defensive strength of our old teams are now the weaknesses of this one. Our backline is slow and technically, not great. James is about the only guy I was at all impressed with and even he is just passing grade, also no great prospects out there with Tomori leaving and Henry permainjured except maybe Cordova, Adekugbe looks OK as well I guess. Lots of guys who could push through but no sure things.

Jakovic looks like he has fallen off. Vittoria moves like a 90 year old. Right back depth is scary. Petrasso can defend against the weaker teams but if he is playing against Mexico or the US I think playing him out of position will end badly.

DM - Piette played great, I hope he finally pushes on to a better level club wise and continue to develop, feel like he's stagnating in the Spanish 3rd div a bit and I am always surprised he hasn't had better offers, he seems pretty capable. With the Hutch-De Guz-Bernier midfield gone now it seems like central mid could use another front line player. Amazing how Arfield came to the program out of nowhere and is now a lynchpin.

Keeper is thin, where's Craig Forrest when we need him - they're playing a Bulgarian league keeper who is passing grade to be fair, but if Borjan goes down god help them options are basically a bunch of youth players and Leutwiler. FU Begovic.

I think if Canada can develop a couple defenders and at least have someone on the radar in net who is getting first team action they can qualify next time around but watching them in this tourney D seems like a real Achilles heal going forward.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: