View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #30
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
I'd argue that what we have now is an incredibly weak example of a sports/entertainment district if you can even define it as one. It's more of a lose collection of venues that operate independently.
There's definitely room for improvement, which is why something more organized like in Bunk's sketch would help tie it all together. But in this case, to do it right, you don't have to spend possibly billions to remediate several city blocks, re-align Bow trail (and perhaps 14th), and create brand new infrastructure for every new entertainment venue.

Quote:
Transit access to Vic Park is okay but the WV site is superior
How so? Once the Greenline is built, a Remington/Stampede location would have access to 3 stations that support all 3 LRT lines. WV would at best have access to 2 stations, supporting only 2 lines. The only benefit I see to WV is easier access to the bike/pathway system, but that's not as beneficial in the winter.

Quote:
and the biggest problem with the area you propose is that there's not enough room for a stadium unless it's on the Remington lands, which are a non-starter due to costs.
Well sure if the Flames expect land for free in WV, than every other piece of land is a non-starter!

I'm sure Remington would ask for a large amount, but considering the remediation/alignment costs that simply can't be ignored to even get to a ground-breaking, is WV really any cheaper in the long-term?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: