View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #97
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
I think you just went wrong on the sask plan. The steps I took to do this twice in the span of a week, taking all of 30 min each time from sign up to the $48 plan was simple:

1: walk into store, ask for koodo sim

2: say you want it on the cheapest cheapest alberta plan (like $30)

3: when they ask you to pick a number, ask for a sask number. If they say they can't, just tell them to look. Its in their dropdown list of regions, just pick whatever, Regina. Don't matter.

4: complete your signup with all of your regular info including your regular billing address.

5: leave store with SIM in hand, go home (or I even did it in the parking lot), login to self serve after creating your account. Click "change plan". Because you have a 306 # the plan options for you will be SK. Look for the $48 unlimited, select, agree to the "your plan may no longer be available", and it says it is ready in 15 min, its pretty well right away.

6: once you've confirmed your plan has changed (look at your profile details), click "change my number". You can do this in the same sitting. Click "port an existing number". Find your account # from your old cell, click yes this is ok, and within minutes, you're set.

IF you do this the wrong way, as I learned, and you get an AB number and an AB plan, then you WILL have to wait for 3 months after asking for a SK number in self serve, and you will have to wait for a billing cycle after that for a plan change. The only way to get it to work, is to have the store rep take care of one huge step and assign an SK number right off the bat.

I found it easiest to just take and refund the SIM I screwed up on, and just redid the process the way I outlined above.
I did it exactly the way you mentioned above except they gave me a 639 number instead of a 306 number and I asked for the cheapest SASK plan to begin with. I think it may have to do with the fact I put the phone on my account that already has the plan so its going by my billing cycle. Will try again after November 1st and see if it will work then. Thanks for the help though, its appreciated.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote