View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #86
Morozee
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just a little update on my MB Koodo Plan. I was already a Koodo subscriber and wanted to keep my existing 780 number. I did the following:

- Paid off my remaining Koodo tab balance and current monthly bill.
- Went to Fido and ported my number out to one of their basic monthly plans.
- Acquired a Koodo MB sim card with $48/month plan.
- Paid my first monthly Fido bill.
- As Ryan Coke mentioned previously, I can confirm that the Koodo system will not close out your original account until the exact last day of the billing cycle. Therefore you cannot port back into Koodo with your original phone number until that time. On the last day of that billing cycle, I ported back into my new MB Koodo account.

I did this with my phone as well as my wife's. We've been up and running for a couple weeks, no problems. I should get some money back from Fido, prorated for the couple weeks I was with them. In terms of additional charges/expense, there were no fees at all for cancellation /porting. Fido didn't charge me anything for the SIM cards. The only additional expense I anticipate incurring is the 2 weeks I simultaneously had the Koodo MB sim card (did not use it) and the Fido sim card. So in hindsight, I should have waited until closer to the end of my original billing cycle to initiate any of this.

Last edited by Morozee; 09-16-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Morozee is offline   Reply With Quote