View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #60
Bent Wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
What I find weird about the EDTA test is they never established that it actually worked. Shouldn't they have tested the vial? As far as I can tell they only tested three of six swabs taken from the RAV. Don't you need to establish a control?
That's a real issue for me. Especially with all the conjecture about the test and its validity and reliability, you'd think they would have had to prove, on the vial itself (using the same amount as that in the samples) that the test was 'good'. And why wouldn't the defense request this even if the DA didn't?

Aside from the evidence that was allegedly planted (keys, blood, bullet), the biggest issue for me is the lack of the victim's DNA ANYWHERE at the acreage. If we are to believe the DA's version of events, there would have had to have been some transfer of evidence from victim to accused/scene. To believe that a person was tied to a bed, raped, violently assaulted, then murdered without a shred of evidence that ANY of that had taken place is truly unbelievable.