View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #43
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Read This: The damning evidence against Steven Avery that Making A Murderer ignored

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-d...making--230224

[I don't know anything about this show]
You should watch the series before randomly believing the internet, a lot of that was brought up in the documentary or things related to that were brought up.

Quote:
In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.
Talked about some part of this, it was a junk yard and auto repair shop they sold lots of vehicles I would imagine. People who get service they like tend to request those over.

Quote:
Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.
Just the way this is written it is trying to sell you on what they believe, I could see this being malicious / creepy or innocent. They talked a bit about this as well.

Quote:
The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.
Heavily talked about, almost an entire episodes worth about how the bullet was found and the how it would be impossible to clean up the scene of the garage with all the blood since it was so cluttered with stuff so fast. There was suspicions this bullet was planted.

Quote:
Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).
Never touched on, could be innocent and could be relevant. The girlfriend issue was touched on as she had a drinking problem and was sent to jail for drinking and driving.

Quote:
Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant
This is a personal opinion, if police planted the blood, I easily believe they went further. Also they talked about how out of place the car seemed, most the way. They also touched on this evidence as well in the series but I could see how someone missed them mentioning it. I would also believe that police if they planted evidence would tried to make the car seem like it's in place at a junk yard and ended up making it seem out of place.

Quote:
There’s additional info in there, as well, like evidence that Halbach’s Palm Pilot and camera were found in Avery’s burn barrel
Personal effects were touched on by the TV series but not exactly what, there was also suspicion that some of the evidence found in the burn barrel was moved.

Again I'm not saying he's a nice guy or innocent just that this article is garbage.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post: