View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #41
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I just cant believe those two got Life Sentences based on that evidence. To me thats insane. There was tons of doubt.

But even more damning in my opinion is the original 1985 case that was horribly bungled and some could say there is sufficient evidence that while he may not have been framed the police and sheriff's department were hardly interested in 'Justice' of any kind and there were absolutely no consequences or discipline of any kind for any of the law enforcement agents involved.

The results of which left these officers completely free to have a conflict in the next investigation.

The thing that gets me is that when the Insurance Company for the County performed their own investigation they considered it negligence outside of normal operations and refused to cover any legal settlement.

Further, I cannot believe that there was no documentation regarding signed approval from a parent or guardian for Fassbender and his associate to interrogate Brendan without representation.

Police: "We said she could come in and she declined."

Mother: "They wouldnt let me in."

Do they a signed authorization from you indicating that you waived his right to representation? No? Sounds to me like a confession that should be inadmissible.

Um. Thats kind of a big deal. Not to mention what kind of person watched the tape of that interrogation and thinks to themselves "oh yeah, this is totally legit."

Watching Brendan's cross-examination was painful.

My favourite 'character' has to have been Dean Strang. I thought he was intelligent and actually attempting to ascertain the truth. Krantz was a moron who basically won out on the favour of being 'the police.'

The whole thing seems insane to me. It is so crazy I have a hard time believing it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote