View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #78
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post

- Hellybuyck scares me. It'll be nice if he doesn't pan out.
Why? Does a solid goaltender suddenly push Winnipeg above Anaheim in difficulty? If yes, then maybe that's frustrating, but overall if they're below Anaheim and neither of us beat that team, it doesn't matter yet. Both teams are still growing.

Great goalies help, but aren't the only part the strengths of a team. I'm not afraid of the Montreal Carey Price. I'm not afraid of the Winnipeg Jets with Hellybuyck as I presume Ortio will rise at about the same time to nullify that improvement.

I see both teams rising about the same speed (which is fast in comparison to other franchises in our conference) but give the edge to Calgary due to homer vote as well as more game breaking ability of our roster players.

As for hating other teams, I don't often hate teams for their team. I hate their fans.

Spoiler!

Honestly, I abhor the idea that one fan has to make themselves feel better by dragging another fan by really beating them down. I have chirped other fans and had the same done to me. I've lost plenty a bet and won a few as well. Everyone ends up leaving laughing together. THAT IMO is a great rivalry. Making someone feel like crap beyond the 24-48 hours of a game played, that's just low and I wouldn't want to affiliate myself with such people; even if they're flames fans.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote