View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 06:32 PM   #29
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

My kids go to a catholic school because it’s closer I was raised a Christmas and Easter Catholic and don’t believe. The approach I took with these topics was the same thing I did with Santa. I asked them what they thought and if they thought that made sense.

Jesus died at the kitchen table when my 9 year old said something about religion class and my 7 year old said “You believe in that crap” and my 9 year old replied “No, but if you write some stuff about being good and Jesus they give you good marks”

Santa lasted a little longer.

So I think kids follow their parents and won’t accidentally become religious. I also think exposure to religion likely leads to not really caring one way or the other .

Now as a teenager my daughter trolls teachers with answering all or work in the context of abortion and LGBTQ rights. I think it disappoints her that they don’t react. Haven’t found the system deficient except around sex Ed. Though even there their discussion around valuing one self and self esteem as been generally positive so lack the technical details on BC.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote