View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 11:32 AM   #28
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Currently I just have two Wyze cams...one at the front window (behind glass) and one at the back door outside. Great cameras for the price ($50 total for both). Lots of features and constant improvements. No subscription! Back door camera lasted outside with no issues all winter. Even if these cameras aren't your permanent security solution for the price they are good to have around. I used one to watch my basement renovation when I wasn't at home.

Only real con I can think of...when they are behind glass the night vision does not work because the night vision light reflects off the glass. I would put the front one outside if i had a method of powering it...which brings me to this question...

Does anyone have any experience with the Toucan security cameras?
https://getkuna.com/pages/toucan-surveillance-kit

I was thinking of one of these under my front door light (instead of a Nest Hello and to replace my front Wyze) and one under a front garage light (opposite side of the front of the house from my front door).

Pros:
retro fit...don't have to replace the lights or run power.
can pair with maximus flood lights for the side and back of the house down the road...keeping everything in the same eco system

Cons
Subscription (if I want more than 2 hour playback)
no night vision but with the motion detection and smart light socket the light will turn on.
Subscription
720p
Subscription
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote